Tennessee Courts Reopening
19 May 2020IN: Criminal Law
Easing of Restrictions for In-Person Proceedings
Tennessee Courts are developing plans for reopening after COVID restrictions limited in-person hearings. The 16th District covering Rutherford and Cannon Counties has issued a Standing Order providing guidance for reopening. The Standing Order should be reviewed for complete information regarding court proceedings. A list of key requirements you should know before going to court are as follows:
- People entering court will be screened for temperature.
- No minors will be allowed unless permitted by the court.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Only ten (10) persons will be allowed in a courtroom at any given time.
- Only parties to the case, attorneys, and court personnel will be allowed in the courtroom. Witnesses will be allowed in the courtroom when called to testify.
- Pendente Lite Hearings will continue to be conducted by video hearing.
- Courts will continue to process cases by telephone or video when able to do so.