Attorney David L. Scott
David Scott is a long-time resident of Rutherford County, Tennessee where he graduated from Oakland High School in 1985. After serving in the U.S. Army, David Scott returned to Murfreesboro to attend Middle Tennessee State University where he earned a B.S. in Criminal Justice in 1991. David Scott earned his J.D. from the Nashville School of Law in 1996.
David Scott continued to work for D&D Oil Co., Inc., as counsel until starting a solo practice in 1999. David Scott continues to serve the residents of Rutherford County, and the surrounding area, in the areas of Family Law, Adoption, Criminal Law, and General Civil Litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
Rule 31 Training & Listing
- Lipscomb University Institute for Conflict Management, Rule 31 Family Mediation Training, 2012.
- Consensus Conflict Management, Rule 31 Family to Civil Crossover Training, 2012.
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed Family Mediator, 2012.
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil/Family Mediator 2013.
- Tennessee, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2001
- Nashville School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. – 1996
- Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Rutherford/Cannon County Bar Association, Member, 1997 – Present
- Rutherford/Cannon County Bar Association President 2013
Past Employment Positions
- D&D Oil Company, General Counsel, 1996 – 1999