Murfreesboro Family Law Attorney Guides Clients Through Sensitive Legal Matters
We provide helpful advice you need to make good decisions
If your family has encountered a legal issue that impacts your future, it is important to understand as much as you can about your options for addressing the matter. Whether you are ending a marriage, pursuing custody of your children or are adding a family member through adoption, the guidance of an experienced Tennessee family law attorney will greatly improve your chances of obtaining favorable resolutions without unnecessary pain.
At the Law Office of David L. Scott, we know how difficult it can be to address family law issues. With that in mind, we provide the supportive and informative representation you need to guide your family through the process before you and onto the next chapter in your lives. With more than two decades of experience, our Murfreesboro family lawyer has the skills and knowledge needed to help your family traverse even the most complex and challenging legal proceedings.
We are qualified to address a wide range of family law issues
Our knowledge of Tennessee family law, combined with our extensive negotiation and litigation experience, allows us to provide guidance to clients facing a number of Tennessee family law issues, including:
- Divorce: Our Murfreesboro family law attorney offers comprehensive divorce representation designed to address the many facets of the dissolution of a marriage. From the division of marital assets to issues relating to your children, our staff takes great care to advise you on each and every issue involved in your divorce. We have more than two decades of experience litigating and negotiating favorable resolutions to divorce proceedings.
- Child Custody: The most emotional aspect of any separation, divorce or paternity action are those related to the well-being of the children. We provide straightforward advice about a number of child-related issues, including child custody, visitation, and modification of previously ordered Parenting Plans. We will always fight to ensure that the best interests of the children, and your rights, are being considered throughout the proceedings.
- Paternity: Paternity or Parentage actions are required to establish the identity and legal status of the father of children born out of wedlock. Once established as a legal parent a father will be entitled to seek custody or visitation and child support can be set providing for the care of the children. We represent mothers and fathers involved in paternity disputes in an effort to ensure that the child in question will have the future they deserve.
- Child Support: In Tennessee child support is set in accordance with the Tennessee Child Support Guidelines. The guidelines consider the actual income or earning ability of both parents, health insurance premiums paid for the benefit of the children, work-related childcare expenses, and the amount of time the children spend with each parent. A parent may also receive credit for other child support obligations and other in-home children. We work with our clients to make certain the necessary and correct information is used to calculate child support and represent clients in enforcement and collection actions.
- Parental Rights: Fathers often have to establish and enforce their parental rights through paternity, custody, visitation, and child support actions.
- Adoption: The adoption process is filled with legal steps and guidelines. We provide comprehensive guidance throughout the adoption process and will offer the legal and emotional support you need to add a new loved one to your family.
Contact a knowledgeable Murfreesboro family law firm for sound guidance
Managing the legal processes relating to a divorce or other family law issue can be difficult, especially when trying to move on to the next chapter in your life. Our firm understands this difficulty, and shoulders the legal burden for every client we serve. From start to finish, you’ll work closely with our Murfreesboro family law attorney, and will have full access to the legal experience we have to offer.
To learn how we can help your family find resolutions, contact us today.