Murfreesboro Family Law Attorney
Guiding Families Through Sensitive Legal Matters
We provide helpful advice you need to make good decisions
If your family has encountered a legal issue that impacts your future, it is important to understand as much as you can about your options for addressing the matter. Whether you are ending a marriage, pursuing custody of your children or are adding a family member through adoption, the guidance of an experienced Tennessee family law attorney will greatly improve your chances of obtaining favorable resolutions without unnecessary pain.
At the Law Office of David L. Scott, we know how difficult it can be to address family law issues. With that in mind, we provide the supportive and informative representation you need to guide your family through the process before you and onto the next chapter in your lives. With more than two decades of experience, our Murfreesboro family lawyer has the skills and knowledge needed to help your family traverse even the most complex and challenging legal proceedings.
We are qualified to address a wide range of family law issues
Our knowledge of Tennessee family law, combined with our extensive negotiation and litigation experience, allows us to provide guidance to clients facing a number of Tennessee family law issues, including:
- Divorce: Our Murfreesboro family law attorney offers comprehensive divorce representation designed to address the many facets of the dissolution of a marriage. From the division of marital assets to issues relating to your children, our staff takes great care to advise you on each and every issue involved in your divorce. We have more than two decades of experience litigating and negotiating favorable resolutions to divorce proceedings.
- Child Custody: The most emotional aspect of any separation, divorce or paternity action are those related to the well-being of the children. We provide straightforward advice about a number of child-related issues, including child custody, visitation, and modification of previously ordered Parenting Plans. We will always fight to ensure that the best interests of the children, and your rights, are being considered throughout the proceedings.
- Paternity: Paternity or Parentage actions are required to establish the identity and legal status of the father of children born out of wedlock. Once established as a legal parent a father will be entitled to seek custody or visitation and child support can be set providing for the care of the children. We represent mothers and fathers involved in paternity disputes in an effort to ensure that the child in question will have the future they deserve.
- Child Support: In Tennessee child support is set in accordance with the Tennessee Child Support Guidelines. The guidelines consider the actual income or earning ability of both parents, health insurance premiums paid for the benefit of the children, work-related childcare expenses, and the amount of time the children spend with each parent. A parent may also receive credit for other child support obligations and other in-home children. We work with our clients to make certain the necessary and correct information is used to calculate child support and represent clients in enforcement and collection actions.
- Parental Rights: Fathers often have to establish and enforce their parental rights through paternity, custody, visitation, and child support actions.
- Adoption: The adoption process is filled with legal steps and guidelines. We provide comprehensive guidance throughout the adoption process and will offer the legal and emotional support you need to add a new loved one to your family.
Clients come to us during some of the most tumultuous times in their lives. While these situations are almost always fraught with stress and anxiety, there is light at the end of the tunnel. These times demand experienced legal insight, patience, and skill to bring individuals through the fire and into a brighter future.
At the Law Office of David L. Scott, it is our job and honor to assist our clients with critical family law matters while keeping our sights on their best outcome. Our experienced Murfreesboro family law attorney has dedicated his career to those who are navigating difficult family law terrain, advising them and guiding them toward decisions that may affect them for the rest of their lives.
What is Family Law?
Family law deals with family and domestic issues and conflicts including divorce, child support, child custody, spousal support, and other family-related issues. While having the assistance of a family lawyer in Murfreesboro is not required, it often offers the best option for ensuring an individual’s best legal interests in these matters.
An experienced family lawyer can assist clients in matters of
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- Child custody
- Child support
- Division of marital assets
- Spousal support and alimony
- Post-divorce modifications
And other matters of family law.
At the Law Office of David L. Scott, our experienced Murfreesboro family lawyer is skilled in all matters of family law. Understanding and representing the unique interests of our clients is what we do best, ensuring their best possible outcome.
Why the Quality of Your Legal Representation is Important
Any family law process can be fluid depending on the couple. A couple may think they can make friendly decisions but realize during the process that they are further apart than they realized. Another couple may find that, with skilled legal representation, they can negotiate terms without the court’s intervention. Consequently, your goals, your ability to cooperate, your situation, and the quality of your legal representation can have a significant effect on your experience and outcome.
Some family law cases demand a great deal of skilled negotiation and patience. Others require an aggressive approach to ensure a client’s rights. At the Law Office of David L. Scott, our experienced Murfreesboro family lawyer works with each client’s specific needs in mind, offering critical legal advice, guidance, and options to help the process go as smoothly as possible. When an aggressive approach is called for, we have a reputation as an aggressive negotiator and litigator.
What Sets Us Apart
Over our two decades in practice, we have skillfully led our clients through many challenging legal scenarios, helping to get them to a place that supports a new and bright future. Depending on the circumstances surrounding each case, we employ various means of coming to a solution that best serves our clients, their family, and their future, including
- Rule 31 family mediation
- Skilled litigation before a court of law
Each client is unique. Depending on the needs of that client, the experienced family law attorney at the Law Office of David L. Scott takes the approach that best suits their interests.
When You Need an Experienced Divorce Attorney in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Most of us never enter marriage anticipating divorce. And yet, according to the World Population Review, half of all marriages end in divorce. Consequently, facing a divorce will be a reality for many people at some point in their lives.
Divorce tends to bring out the worst in already unraveling relationships. Even the most amicable divorces can invariably leave couples feeling emotionally and financially overwhelmed. This is especially true when children are involved.
Having experienced legal representation can help provide peace of mind during contentious negotiations and ensure that you have an advocate on your side at all times. At the Law Office of David L. Scott, our experienced Murfreesboro family law attorney is with you each step of the way, understanding your needs and advising and supporting you at each point in the process.
Contact a knowledgeable Murfreesboro family law firm for sound guidance
Managing the legal processes relating to a divorce or other family law issue can be difficult, especially when trying to move on to the next chapter in your life. Our firm understands this difficulty and shoulders the legal burden for every client we serve. From start to finish, you’ll work closely with our Murfreesboro family law attorney, and will have full access to the legal experience we have to offer.
To learn how we can help your family find resolutions, contact us today.