Murfreesboro Criminal Lawyer Defends the Rights of Those Accused of a Crime
Protecting your future and your freedom
Facing criminal charges is often a confusing and frightening experience. Whether you have been charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, the manner in which your case is resolved directly impacts your future. Without an aggressive defense, your financial future and your freedom are in danger.
At the Law Office of David L. Scott, our Murfreesboro criminal law attorney leverages more than 20 years of experience when representing clients facing a wide range of crimes. With extensive negotiation and trial experience, we have what it takes to pursue every possible defense strategy, even when the charges against you are serious.
We represent individuals facing a wide range of charges, including those involving:
- Drug Offenses: Our Murfreesboro criminal defense attorney has the skill and experience needed to combat a wide range of drug charges, from simple possession to more damaging intent to deliver or manufacturing charges. Whatever the charges you face, we will explore every legal strategy to limit the damage, including a plea negotiation, court trial and alternative resolutions.
- College Students: College years are often filled with fun and excitement, and sometimes a few bad decisions. When a bad decision leads to criminal charges, a conviction can impact not only your future, but also your status as a student. We represent college students facing a wide range of charges, and provide assistance during criminal proceedings and disciplinary hearings initiated by the college or university.
- Domestic Violence: While a conviction relating to domestic violence is damaging, the harm caused by a charge begins long before the criminal process even begins. In many cases, individuals charged with domestic violence are barred from seeing their loved ones or returning to their homes. We offer advice on the criminal aspects of the case, as well as the issues resulting from a restraining order or order of protection.
- Sex Offenses: Charges relating to sexual offenses, such as sexual assault or rape, are incredibly damaging to your future – not only do you face significant jail time, but you also may be required to register as a sex offender for life. Mounting an aggressive defense against such charges is imperative.
- Underage Drinking: For many minors, an underage drinking conviction seems like a trivial thing. Unfortunately, this could not be further from the truth. An underage drinking conviction can result in hefty fines and suspension of driving privileges. Such a conviction on your record may also impact your educational plans, as many colleges review criminal records when considering applications.
Your future depends on an aggressive defense strategy from an experienced Murfreesboro criminal defense attorney
When even a minor conviction can have a lasting impact on your future, including your employability, your education and your freedom, it is important to mount an aggressive defense against your charges.
From the moment you retain our firm, we begin developing a defense strategy that offers the best chance of limiting or avoiding the penalties stemming from a conviction. To do so, we review all evidence, witness statements and police documentation, to search for inconsistencies or weaknesses against you. Any weaknesses pinpointed during our review are used to apply pressure on the prosecution to reduce or dismiss the charges against you.
Whether you wish to negotiate a plea or want to prove your innocence in court, we provide the aggressive and informative guidance you need to protect your future from unnecessary harm.
If you have been charged with a crime, contact our Murfreesboro criminal defense attorney today for guidance
If you have been charged with a crime, do not wait to hire an attorney. The sooner you get the criminal defense team at the Law Office of David L. Scott involved in your defense, the better your chances of avoiding a conviction or reducing the penalties you face.
Contact our Murfreesboro, Tennessee office today to schedule a consultation.