Tennessee Defense Attorney – Drug Charges
We provide dedicated legal representation for people charged with drug crimes. Our attorney, David L. Scott, has been defending clients against criminal charges since 1996. We handle all drug-related charges ranging from misdemeanors to felonies, including:
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing and sale
- Prescription/legend drug crimes (illegal sales, distribution, prescription drug fraud)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal contraband
- Drug probation violations
Drug Possession Charges
A criminal conviction for drug possession could cost you your job and negatively impact your future employment opportunities. If you have been charged with possession of marijuana, cocaine, heroin or another illegal drug, we may be able to help you obtain a plea agreement or provide a defense that protects your record and minimizes your exposure to adverse criminal penalties.
Drug Manufacture and Sales Charges
If you have been arrested for illegal drug manufacture or sale, retaining an experienced defense attorney is critical to the protection of your rights. Our law firm has successfully defended the rights of clients in a wide range of drug cases. Attorney David L. Scott understands how to chip away at the prosecution’s case to seek a more favorable outcome for his clients.
We understand that drug prosecutions are sometimes based on evidence that is highly questionable, including:
- Illegal search or seizure (evidence seized in violation of your Fourth Amendment rights)
- Testimony of questionable witnesses who have a motive to lie
- Testimony of confidential informants who may be seeking a favorable plea bargain in return for his or her testimony
- Audio and video recordings of poor quality that may prove little or nothing
If hired to handle your case, we will negotiate with a firm resolve on your behalf. We will bolster our position by carefully reviewing the evidence in the State’s possession and preparing meticulously for the possibility of trial
If you need an experienced defense lawyer who cares about the result of your case and will fight to seek the best possible result for you, contact the Law Office of David L. Scott.