Family Law

 :: Adoption
 :: Adoption and Paternity Issues
 :: Alimony and Spousal Support

 :: Annulments
 :: Business Ownership and Divorce
 :: Child Custody Laws
 :: Child Support
 :: Child Support Guidelines

 :: Contested Divorce
 :: Collaborative Divorce
 :: Custody and Visitation
 :: Division of Marital Property
 :: Divorce

 :: Divorce FAQs
 :: Divorce Planning

 :: Family Law FAQs
 :: Fathers' Rights
 :: Grandparents Rights
 :: Grounds for Divorce in Tennessee
 :: High Net Worth Divorce

 :: Legal Separation
 :: Mediation and Collaborative Law
 :: Military Divorce

 :: Parental Relocation
 :: Paternity
 :: Prenup/Postnup
 :: Post-Divorce Modification
 :: Relocation of Children and Visitation
 :: Same Sex Divorce

 :: Types of Child Custody

 :: Uncontested Divorce
 :: Uncontested vs. Contested Divorce
 :: Unpaid Child Support
 :: Why hire a Tennessee Divorce Lawyer?

Criminal Law
 :: College Students
 :: Criminal Law FAQS
 :: Date Rape

 :: Domestic Abuse
 :: Domestic Assault
 :: Domestic Violence
 :: Drug Offenses
 :: Drug Possession
 :: Drug Sales and Distribution
 :: DUI
 :: DUI FAQs
 :: DUI with a Minor
 :: DUI with Drugs
 :: Expungement
 :: Felonies
 :: Illegal Search and Seizure
 :: Jail Alternatives
 :: Internet Crimes
 :: Marijuana Possession
 :: Providing Alcohol to a Minor
 :: Public Intoxication
 :: Repeat DUI Offenders
 :: Sex Offenses

 :: Suspended License

 :: Tennessee DUI Penalties
 :: Theft
 :: Traffic Violations

 :: Types of Drugs
 :: Underage Drinking
 :: Underage DUI
 :: Violation of Probation
 :: White Collar Crimes
 :: Rutherford County

Personal Injury
 :: Auto Accident FAQs
 :: Bicycle Accidents
 :: Birth Injuries
 :: Car Accidents
 :: Commercial Truck Accidents
 :: Construction Accidents
 :: Distracted Driving Accidents
Dog & Animal Bites
 :: Drunk Driving Accidents
 :: Emergency Vehicle Accidents
 :: Falling Objects on Construction
 :: Fatal Accident / Wrongful Death
 :: Motorcycle Accidents
 :: Motor Vehicle Accidents
 :: Pedestrian Accidents
 :: Personal Injury FAQs
 :: Premises Liability
 :: Serious Car Accidents
 :: Slip & Fall
 :: Stages of a Case
 :: Swimming Pool Accidents
 :: Traumatic Brain Injuries in Auto Accidents
 :: Trucking Accidents
 :: Uninsured Motorist Accidents
 :: What Causes Car Accidents?
 :: What is Premises Liability?
 :: Wrong Way Accidents
 :: Wrong Way Collisions




Murfreesboro Personal Injury Attorney Answers Your Injury-Related Questions

While no two personal injury cases are identical, there are many common questions about claims

Personal injuries can be very trying events that leave you with many questions. If you have been injured, it is important to consider all details of the situation and determine if another party may be at fault. When injured due to the negligence of others, you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries. However, it is important to remember that not all cases are the same and that many factors can affect your ability to collect. At the Law Office of David L. Scott, we have represented clients in personal injury cases since 1996, and we will use this experience to vigorously represent you in negotiations and in court.

I have been injured; can I sue and do I need attorney?

That really depends. Not all injuries will be the fault of another party, so there may not always be a case for liability of others for your injuries. An experienced attorney like David L. Scott can help you examine the facts and determine if you have a case, then ensure that you are properly represented in all legal settings.

What are statutes of limitations?

A statute of limitations is a law that sets a time period from the date of an injury in which you can file a lawsuit. For instance, if there is a two-year statute of limitations for a type of injury, then you have two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit. These statues vary for different cases, so you should seek help from an attorney quickly so you do not miss your window.

What kind of damages can I be compensated for?

Depending on your case and the severity of your injuries, you may be able to collect different types of compensation for your damages including lost wages, medical bills, loss of property vehicle pain and suffering, wrongful death, and possibly other types as well.

Should I take a personal injury settlement?

Settlements can be a good way to avoid lengthy legal processes; however it is very important to not simply take a settlement without consulting with a Tennessee personal injury attorney. Especially when dealing with an insurance company, a settlement might just be a way for the negligent parties to minimize their payouts.

Should I give a recorded statement to an insurance company?

While an insurance company may tell you they just want the facts, it is best to avoid giving a recorded statement until you consult with an attorney. Very often, an insurance company will seek this statement shortly after your injury before you understand the full gravity of the situation. It is best to wait and speak with a lawyer first to avoid giving improper information.

If I go to trial for personal injury, will I win?

This depends on the facts of your case. Sometimes it may be best to seek a settlement and avoid the formalities of the trial process. In other cases, your best shot at maximum compensation may be in court, especially if the at-fault party is unwilling to negotiate.

What is modified comparative fault?

Modified comparative fault is a Tennessee rule that states the injured person may be partially at fault for their injuries. In this event, a portion of your damages may not be awarded due to your own fault in the situation. For instance if you were awarded $100,000 but were determined to be 50% at fault, you would collect $50,000.

Contact a Murfreesboro personal injury lawyer to have your specific questions answered

These questions are just a few of the many that we receive from our personal injury clients. To have your specific questions addressed, contact us online or call us at 615-896-7656 for your free personal injury consultation.




2 Locations to Serve You

722 South Church Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Phone: 615-896-7656

Map and Directions


4322 Harding Pike #417
Nashville, TN 37205

Phone: 615-203-8062

Map and Directions


Based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, we are pleased to serve clients throughout Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville, Woodbury, McMinnville, Manchester, Shelbyville, Lebanon, Mount Juliet and other communities in Rutherford County, Williamson County, Cannon County, Bedford County, Davidson County, Wilson County and Coffee County.


Disclaimer  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy

Lawyer Marketing Services By : Fuel Web Marketing