Family Law

 :: Adoption
 :: Adoption and Paternity Issues
 :: Alimony and Spousal Support

 :: Annulments
 :: Business Ownership and Divorce
 :: Child Custody Laws
 :: Child Support
 :: Child Support Guidelines

 :: Contested Divorce
 :: Collaborative Divorce
 :: Custody and Visitation
 :: Division of Marital Property
 :: Divorce

 :: Divorce FAQs
 :: Divorce Planning

 :: Family Law FAQs
 :: Fathers' Rights
 :: Grandparents Rights
 :: Grounds for Divorce in Tennessee
 :: High Net Worth Divorce

 :: Legal Separation
 :: Mediation and Collaborative Law
 :: Military Divorce

 :: Parental Relocation
 :: Paternity
 :: Prenup/Postnup
 :: Post-Divorce Modification
 :: Relocation of Children and Visitation
 :: Same Sex Divorce

 :: Types of Child Custody

 :: Uncontested Divorce
 :: Uncontested vs. Contested Divorce
 :: Unpaid Child Support
 :: Why hire a Tennessee Divorce Lawyer?

Criminal Law
 :: College Students
 :: Criminal Law FAQS
 :: Date Rape

 :: Domestic Abuse
 :: Domestic Assault
 :: Domestic Violence
 :: Drug Offenses
 :: Drug Possession
 :: Drug Sales and Distribution
 :: DUI
 :: DUI FAQs
 :: DUI with a Minor
 :: DUI with Drugs
 :: Expungement
 :: Felonies
 :: Illegal Search and Seizure
 :: Jail Alternatives
 :: Internet Crimes
 :: Marijuana Possession
 :: Providing Alcohol to a Minor
 :: Public Intoxication
 :: Repeat DUI Offenders
 :: Sex Offenses

 :: Suspended License

 :: Tennessee DUI Penalties
 :: Theft
 :: Traffic Violations

 :: Types of Drugs
 :: Underage Drinking
 :: Underage DUI
 :: Violation of Probation
 :: White Collar Crimes
 :: Rutherford County

Personal Injury
 :: Auto Accident FAQs
 :: Bicycle Accidents
 :: Birth Injuries
 :: Car Accidents
 :: Commercial Truck Accidents
 :: Construction Accidents
 :: Distracted Driving Accidents
Dog & Animal Bites
 :: Drunk Driving Accidents
 :: Emergency Vehicle Accidents
 :: Falling Objects on Construction
 :: Fatal Accident / Wrongful Death
 :: Motorcycle Accidents
 :: Motor Vehicle Accidents
 :: Pedestrian Accidents
 :: Personal Injury FAQs
 :: Premises Liability
 :: Serious Car Accidents
 :: Slip & Fall
 :: Stages of a Case
 :: Swimming Pool Accidents
 :: Traumatic Brain Injuries in Auto Accidents
 :: Trucking Accidents
 :: Uninsured Motorist Accidents
 :: What Causes Car Accidents?
 :: What is Premises Liability?
 :: Wrong Way Accidents
 :: Wrong Way Collisions




Modification of Child Support and Custody

When circumstances change in the years following a divorce, it may be necessary to adjust the court orders to reflect those changes. If you are interested in seeking a modification to an existing court order, or if you would like to contest a proposed modification, the Law Office of David L. Scott can protect your rights and interests.

At our Murfreesboro, Tennessee, law firm, we handle various matters related to divorce. Some of the issues arise years after the divorce has been finalized. Our family law attorney, David L. Scott , take ample time to listen to our clients, advise them of their options and seek the best possible outcomes in accordance with their rights. To speak with a lawyer about post-divorce modification, send us an email or call 615-896-7656.

Substantial Change in Condition Required to Modify Orders in Murfreesboro

Modification of support and custody may be granted when there has been a material change of circumstances or a change in income creating a significant variance in the child support amount. For example:

  • Child support may be modified upward or downward. Do you pay support and recently lost your job? Or, do you pay support and are aware of a substantial increase in the other parent's income? The ability to pay in either situation has changed substantially, and child support may be modified to reflect the current financial conditions.
  • Child custody and visitation can be modified in certain situations. One of the most common reasons for modification of parenting time is parental relocation with the children. There are time limits with which parents must comply— whether you are considering relocating with your children or would like to contest a proposed relocation. Our firm provides experienced legal guidance in both types of situations.
  • Spousal support modifications may be awarded on behalf of the payor or payee party when a substantial change in circumstances is present. Similar to child support, a significant change in income of either party can result in a modification.

Since 1996, attorney David L. Scott has assisted his clients in obtaining and contesting modifications. When children are involved, the best interests of the children will be considered above all else.

Contact Us for a Consultation Regarding Post-Divorce Modification

For legal assistance with a post-decree matter, call the Law Office of David L. Scott at 615-896-7656 for a free consultation or email the firm.




2 Locations to Serve You

722 South Church Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Phone: 615-896-7656

Map and Directions


4322 Harding Pike #417
Nashville, TN 37205

Phone: 615-203-8062

Map and Directions


Based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, we are pleased to serve clients throughout Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville, Woodbury, McMinnville, Manchester, Shelbyville, Lebanon, Mount Juliet and other communities in Rutherford County, Williamson County, Cannon County, Bedford County, Davidson County, Wilson County and Coffee County.


Disclaimer  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy

Lawyer Marketing Services By : Fuel Web Marketing